Project #2 is a pair of Ben and Mia pants (the pattern is from Lily Bird Studio on Etsy). I used piping around the pockets, some cute squirrel fabric for the waistband facing and pocket linings, made them capri length, and added elastic at the bottom of the legs. I really wasn’t sure about the fabric – it’s a cotton twill with a bit of stretch to it (from Fabricland, which has a pretty meh selection) – it’s just a little bit too shiny for my liking. It is really difficult to find basic, solid-coloured fabric that is suitable for pants. Anyhow, I decided to go for it, and they actually came out pretty well. I think the fabric will lose some of it’s shininess with wear. At least I’m not nervous about them getting worn and stained.
E. wore these today while playing in her awesome cardboard box house at grandma’s house: